Gauhati University has released a new notice stating new things. Like there will be no entrance test. Also some new guide lines has been given by the university. Student will be impacted in lots of ways by this. Now here we have listed all the rules given the the university for the Post graduate students.
Read More – Download the Official Notice
NOTIFICATION Date: 27/06/2020
Keeping in view, the present situation the Admission Committee Meeting held on 26-06-2020 has adopted the following resolutions to conduct the Post Graduate Admission process for the University Departments and the Affiliated Colleges of Gauhati University for the session 2020-21. As some changes in the existing Ordinance on Admission of G.U. are required to cope up with the present pandemic situation the
Secretary, University Classes, G.U. has been entrusted to get necessary approval from the Hon ‘ble Vice-Chancellor, G. U. in th is regard.
I. All fees relating to admission into different Post Graduate Courses of University Departments and the
Affiliated Colleges of Gauhati University for tl1e session 2020-21 has been waived in accordance with
notification No.AH E.639/2018/ 16 dated . Assam except the application fee of Rs. 250/- .Line, 2020 from Higher Education Department, Govt. of Assam.
2. There will be no Common Entrance Test for admission into any Post Graduate Courses both for the University Departments and the Affiliated Colleges of the University for the session 2020-21. Admissions will be based strictly on the performance and eligibility criteria of the respective qualifying examination.
3. As per Executive Council resolution No. R/EC-02/2020/ 13 dated 25.01.2020 Economically Weaker Section (EWS) i.e. 10°/o from the unreserved category will be ,•eserved into the different Post Graduate Courses for the University Departments and the Affiliated Colleges of the University
4. Tentative date for opening of Online Admission Portal: 15tl• of July, 2020 (after 5:00 p.m.j.Necessary
documents including marksheets, certificates, ESW, etc can be uploaded at a later time also.
5. In Admission into the Traditional Program of Study, 80°/o of total intake will be reserved for Gauhati
University Students. The remaining 20o/o will be reserved for other than Gauhati University Students.
6. All other condition as mentioned in tl1e relevant Ordinance 011 Admission ofG.U. will be followed.