YSR Congress MP Gorantla Madhav Video: Investigation is going on in the objectionable video case of YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) MP Gorantla Madhav. Deputy CM Narayan Swamy said that the truth about the viral video will come out soon. If Gorantla Madhav is found guilty then action will be taken against him.
Actually a video is going viral on social media. In the video, a man is shown doing obscene acts with a woman during a video call. Many people are saying through this viral video that this MP is Gorantla Madhav. Deputy CM Narayana Swamy further said that Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy’s objective behind the ‘Disha Act’ is to investigate atrocities against women and provide them security. Explain that the Andhra Pradesh Disha Act, 2019 provides punishment for other offenses such as sexual harassment against women and children.
Highlights of Disha Act
- In the case of rape, there is a provision for the death penalty if there is sufficient evidence
- Rape cases to be pronounced within 21 days if there is evidence
- Test to be completed in 7 days and test in 14 days
- Life imprisonment for sexual offenses against women and children
- Establishment of special courts in every district of Andhra Pradesh
Why Disha Act was brought
It was passed by the Jagmohan Reddy government after the gang-rape and murder of a veterinary doctor in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. It was passed by Home Minister M. Sucharita in the Assembly. Which was called revolutionary by the ruling party YSRCP Congress Party. The victim of the Hyderabad Police gangrape case was named ‘Disha’, that is why it was named Disha Act.