DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 30 OCTOBER 2020…
1. The government banned the export of onion seeds with immediate effect, as per a notification issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade , in view of surging prices of the bulb in the domestic market and concerns about a seeds’ shortage ahead of the next sowing season.
2. Scientists have developed an artificial intelligence (AI) model that they say can distinguish asymptomatic COVID-19 patients from healthy individuals through their cough recordings, and show the results on a smartphone.
3. The Tata Group is investing ₹5,000 crore to set up a phone component manufacturing plant at the industrial complex in Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
4. Scientists at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) have discovered a rare and deadly genetic disease affecting men called vacuoles, E1 enzyme, X-linked, autoinflammatory and somatic syndrome (VEXAS) syndrome, which is caused by the mutation in the UBA1 gene.
5. Gully Boy Bags Best Original Music Award At 14th Annual Asian Film Awards.
6. Indian Army has developed a simple messaging application named the Secure Application for Internet (SAI).
7. L&T set to win ₹ 25,000 Cr contract for Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project.