DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 25 OCTOBER 2020
1. World Development information Day : 24 October
2. United Nations Day : 24 October .
October 24 is observed as United Nations Day since 1948, Since it was established in 1945 , therefore, this year marks the 75th anniversary of UN Day
3. Central government on sanctioned ₹154 crore 29 lakh 81 thousand for four projects in Uttarakhand and released ₹30 crore 86 lakh 50 thousand for the same.
4. In Tripura, the state government has doled out 1 lakh each to 136 returnee militants and their families as a financial assistance to improve their living.
5. Tamil Nadu, seven industrial projects with an investment of over 1,298 crore rupees began their operations.
6. Pakistan will remain on the grey list of global terror financing watchdog, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) as it has not been able to fulfil six out of the 27 mandates to check terror funding. The decision was announced by the President of FATF Marcus Pleyer.
7. The Central Government borrowed and transferred six thousand crore rupees as first tranche to 16 States and two Union Territories.
They are Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and Jammu and Kashmir.
8. Under the patronage of Arunachal Government and with efforts of Pema Khandu, Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, a War Memorial has been constructed at Bum La, where Sub Joginder Singh, 1st Battalion the Sikh Regt made the supreme sacrifice.
9. Construction of a new Parliament building will begin in December this year and id likely to be completed by October 2022