DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 24 NOVEMBER, 2020
1. National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world, celebrates its 72nd Raising Day on 22 November
Lachit Divas : 24 November
( Every year on Lachit Divas the best cadet of National Defense Academy is awarded with Lachit Barphukon Gold Medal since 1999 )
2. Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala presented Doctor of Science honorary doctorate upon ISRO Chairman K Sivan.
3. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has asserted that Kumbh Mela will be held in its divine form at Haridwar in 2021 despite the practical problems arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
4.First cow hospital of Northeast inaugurated in Assam’s Dibrugarh.
5. India becomes 4th nation to get IMO nod for navigation satellite system. After US, Russia and China.
6. Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the 21st Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Philanthropy to Chairperson of Infosys Foundation Sudha Murty virtually.
7. India is set to host the G-20 summit in 2023, instead of 2022 — the 75th year of Independence. Indonesia will assume G-20 presidency in 2022 after a swap with India.
8. The adjudicatory chamber of FIFA’s independent Ethics Committee found Ahmad Ahmad, the President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) guilty of financial misconduct and as a result, he has banned for five years.
9. Tarun Gogoi passes away at 86: ex-Assam CM was being treated for post-COVID complications.
10.The government is planning to set up at least one e-charging kiosk at around 69,000 petrol pumps across the country with an aim to accelerate the uptake of electric vehicles.
11.AmitShahHome Minister Amit Shah inaugurated a mobile COVID-19 RT-PCR Lab at the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
12.Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, have developed a solar-powered unmanned autonomous survey craft for Indian ports and inland waterways. The craft can undertake autonomous hydrographic and oceanographic surveys and provide real-time data transmission over long distance.