DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 23 NOVEMBER 2020
1. PM Modi launches ‘Har Ghar Nal Yojna’, 3,000 villages in Uttar Pradesh .
2. India is the only G 20 Nation which is on track to meet what it had promised in 2015 under the Paris Agreement on climate change.
3. Her Majesty Gyalyum Sangay Choden Wangchuck, Queen Mother of Bhutan, was announced as the individual laureate for the 2020 United Nations Population Award. HelpAge India was announced as the award’s institutional laureate.
4. Three Bollywood films – ‘Thappad,’ ‘Chhapaak,’ and ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan,’ – have been nominated for the prestigious Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards (AACTA).
5. Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has launched a new rural housing project named “Maha Awas Yojana,” under which 8.82 lakh rural houses will be built in 100 days period.
6. An ordinance to “ban online gaming” involving betting, has been promulgated by the Tamil Nadu government in the backdrop of suicides by gamers who allegedly lost money, and any violation would attract both fine and imprisonment, ranging up to two years.
7. India’s first moss garden has been developed at Khurpatal in Nainital district, Uttarakhand.
8. Indian-American Mala Adiga appointed as Jill Biden’s policy director.
9. Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh has been selected for the ‘Best Marine District’ award in the country by the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying.