DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 2 NOVEMBER 2020
1. World Vegan Day is celebrated by vegans all around the world on November 1 every year .
2. Delhi govt lists over 800 open spaces for residents to burn crackers during Diwali.
3. The doctors of the Indian Army have achieved a new feat as they successfully removed a soldier’s appendix in a dug-in at a forward surgical centre in Eastern Ladakh at 16,000 feet.
4. Aleem Dar broke the record for most ODIs as an on-field umpire when he stood for his 210th match in the series’ second match between Pakistan and Zimbabwe in Rawalpindi.
5. The Adani Group, which had won the concession to operate, manage and develop Mangaluru International Airport, took charge of the airport on the midnight of 30 oct.
6. A total of 3,531 children, including 2,061 girls, were adopted in India during the one year period ending March 31 with Maharashtra recording the highest number of adoptions among states, according to government data.
7. India’s Ritu Phogat won her third straight MMA championship title after defeating Cambodia’s Nou Srey Pov with a technical knockout.