D.EL.ED Entrance Questions on Mathematics:
- A and B invest in a business in the ratio 3 : 2. If 5% of the total profit goes to charity and A’s share is Rs. 855, the total profit is
- In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% of the votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, the number of valid votes that the other candidate got, was :
- Today is Monday. After 61 days, it will be :
- A bag contains 50 P, 25 P and 10 P coins in the ratio 5: 9: 4, amounting to Rs. 206. Find the number of coins of each type respectively.
- Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than a third number. The ratio of the two numbers is:
- A problem is given to three students whose chances of solving it are 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 respectively. What is the probability that the problem will be solved?
- Tickets numbered 1 to 20 are mixed up and then a ticket is drawn at random. What is the probability that the ticket drawn has a number which is a multiple of 3 or 5?
- A grocer has a sale of Rs 6435, Rs. 6927, Rs. 6855, Rs. 7230 and Rs. 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Rs, 6500 ?
- A student multiplied a number by 3/5 instead of 5/3, What is the percentage error in the calculation ?
- If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent ?
- If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as :
Insert the missing number. 7, 26, 63, 124, 215, 342, (….)
Find the odd man out. 2, 5, 10, 17, 26, 37, 50, 64
- 8 litres are drawn from a cask full of wine and is then filled with water. This operation is performed three more times. The ratio of the quantity of wine now left in cask to that of the water is 16 : 65. How much wine the cask hold originally?
- A clock is set right at 8 a.m. The clock gains 10 minutes in 24 hours will be the true time when the clock indicates 1 p.m. on the following day?
- Out of 7 consonants and 4 vowels, how many words of 3 consonants and 2 vowels can be formed?
- A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24 days, 30 days and 40 days respectively. They began the work together but C left 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days was the work completed?
- If each side of a square is increased by 25%, find the percentage change in its area?
- A trader mixes 26 kg of rice at Rs. 20 per kg with 30 kg of rice of other variety at Rs. 36 per kg and sells the mixture at Rs. 30 per kg. His profit percent is:
Find the odd man out. 41, 43, 47, 53, 61, 71, 73, 81