DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 23 OCTOBER 2020
1. World iodine Deficiency Day : 21 October
2. Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone of Assam Agar International Trade Centre at Golaghat to promote the business potential of the farmers as well as entrepreneurs associated with agar wood plantation and trade in the state. This trade centre is the first of its kind in the country.
3. Final trial of Nag anti-tank guided missile successful, ready for introduction in Indian Army
4. Researchers have found the evidence of a “lost” river that ran through the central Thar Desert, near Bikaner, as early as 172 thousand years ago, and may have been a life-line to human populations enabling them to inhabit the region
5. India’s government has set aside about Rs 50,000 crore ($7 billion) to vaccinate the world’s most populous country after China against the coronavirus.
6. Former IFS officer Roy P Thomas has been appointed as the Puducherry state Election Commissioner (SEC).
7. Nigeria, the fifth largest export destination for Indian pharmaceuticals by value, has blacklisted Gujarat based drugmaker Mars Remedies for manufacturing substandard and falsified antibiotic ciprofloxacin 500 mg tablets.
8. Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma has launched the ‘micro ATM’ service in rural areas of the state.
9. Dr Jajini Varghese, a UK-based Indian-origin plastic surgeon, has been named an Outstanding Young Person of the World 2020 by a non-profit NGO for her incredible scientific contributions to diagnosing and treating breast cancer.
10. India International Science Festival To Be Held From Dec 22-25 On Virtual Platform
11. MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari launches India’s first-ever high quality Khadi Fabric Footwear
12. In Mizoram, the state government has decided to observe ‘COVID-19 – No Tolerance Fortnight’ beginning from 26th October as a containment measure to flatten the curve of Covid-19 in the state.
13. India, Bangladesh to operate 28 flights per week under air bubble arrangement
14. Brazilian volunteer in AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine trial dies
15. India Ranks Second in Inflow of Migrants to OECD Countries, China Retains Top Spot
16. Haryana State has the best Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index among 29 states in the country.
17. The indian Navy operationalised the first batch of women pilots of Dornice Aircraft by the Southern Naval Command (SNC) at kochi.